We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Dia.: 60,5 cm - H.: 48 cm
The present fish bowl is unique. There appears to be no record of another example combining the vivid 'Master of the Rocks'-style panels with magnificently painted arrangements of scholar's objects. The landscape panels are captured in leaf-shaped medallions, while the arrangements of scholar's objects are left unframed, yet remain in perfect balance with the leaves. The upper band is decorated with underglaze blue and copper-red peony scrolls. The lower band features five kui dragons surrounded by lotus scrolls, where the lotus flowers stand out as executed in a vibrant shade of copper-red. The copper-red is fired to perfection throughout, an impressive realisation on such a grand scale piece.
Click here to download a short video presentation as well as additional images for this lot.
- An important Belgian private collection.
- Generally in very good to excellent condition, without repairs or significant damage
- The glaze very well-preserved, with a shiny and glossy outlook on the exterior.
- Along the rim, numerous short brown-stained scratches are visible, probably due to having been metal-mounted at some point in the past.
- There are a number of superficial scratches to the glaze throughout, commensurate with the age.
- There are a number of baking flaws throughout: a diagonal line is visible to one of the landscape panels, where the glaze has slightly pulled away, there is a baking-related bulge on the upper rim and there are a few small spots where the glaze has burst.
- There is normal minor superficial wear throughout.
- 缸有几处窑伤 - 1: 侧面一处开窗风景的下侧有一条制造时产生的凹痕，因釉被刮去而呈现出胎的火石红色；2: 口沿上的一处窑粘; 3: 缸口沿几处爆釉。