We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Dim.: 33 x 26 x 24 cm
- With retouching visible to the left hand and foot.
- With one of the bed's feet glued in, with a chip to the drapery just next to this foot.
- With the drapery below the bed on the putto's side with consolidation to a baking crack.
- The base on this side bearing an inscription 'A B. 12.6. -11-.
- A filled baking crack along the base, also visible on the upper base.
- The surface with a number of small baking flaws.
Provenance: A Belgian private collection.
Modeled by Louis-Simon Boizot in 1799, the first example sold in 1800. Produced in the style of Joshua Wedgwood, the group is a pendant to another called 'La Femme au bain'. (link)