We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Dia.: 25,4 cm
- A restored Y-shaped crack from ca. 12 o'clock towards the center, slightly extending left and right from the Madonna.
- Otherwise in excellent condition with negligible minor superficial wear.
Provenance: A French private collection.
- Dumortier, Céramique de la Renaissance à Anvers, Brussel, 2002, p. 211, no. 71, for a dish (Musées Royaux d'Art et d'Histoire, inv. 5854) with the same checkerboard pattern as on the edge of our current dish, as well as a fragment of such a dish recovered in the Schuytestraat in Antwerp.
- Stadsmuseum Kortrijk, Objectnummer MOS/9526, for a porringer with a very closely related depiction of Madonna and Child. (link)
- De majolicapapkommen van het Maagdenhuis, Leon Geyskens & Frans Caignie, 2021, for a study of the porringers in the Antwerp Maagdenhuis museum, for a study of a collection of porringers of which some also have a very closely related depiction of the Madonna and Child. (link to pdf)