Nous devons vérifier que votre inscription n'est pas une entrée automatique. Veuillez s'il vous plaît compléter le test suivant:
Dim.: ca. 28,5 x 24,5 cm (total size)
Dim.: 11,5 x 11,5 cm (the central tile)
Dim.: 19,5 x 8,5 cm (each surrounding tile)
- The central tile unrestored, with baking flaws, superficial wear and small rim chips as visible.
- The first border tile with small chips on the rim, minor surface wear and traces of grey paint.
- The second border tile with small chips on the rim, a larger superficial chip, minor surface wear and traces of grey paint.
- The third border tile with small chips on the rim, areas of glaze loss, minor surface wear and traces of grey paint. A tight hairline across one side of the tile, partly visible on the side and extending on the underside, but no traces of glue or reinforcement apparent. On the underside, an undeep cut is visible.
Provenance: The collection of Piet Swimberghe, art historian and author of various works and articles on the subject of European pottery.
These four tiles were made in the Antwerp workshop of Guido Andries before 1538, for the chapel of the castle of Fère-en-Tardenois in the Aisne region, France. Commanded by the de Montmorency family, the floor was kept in situ until 1769, after which it disappeared. A number of tiles found their way into museal collections. The museum of Soissons, housed in the old abbey Saint-Léger et Arsenal, has a complete field. (Inv. nr. 92.40) (Link)
The central tile depicts a Roman warrior, the hexagonal border tiles show strong similarities to the famous Herckenrode floor.
- Frans Caignie, Majolicategels in de MAS Collectie Vleeshuis, study report (available for download), p. 25, for a complete field in the Museum Vleeshuis collection. (link) (Source: www.tegels-uit-antwerpen.be)