We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Dim.: 67.5 cm x 54 cm (the frame)
Dim.: 58.5 cm x 44.5 cm (the work)
- The work probably relined.
- The stretcher original. Covered with an old English newspaper, where we find this text: 'With the Rev. R. Mackay, rector of Longside, who advocates the constitution of one of the city churches as a pro-Cathedral; so as to secure some of the advantages of a Cathedral company with comparatively little expenditure...' Robert Mackay became rector of Longside in 1845. (source: Wikipedia, quoted from 'Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689-2000', p. 494, Bertie, D.M: Edinburgh T & T Clark ISBN 0-567-08746-8) (link)
- Typical superficial crazing over the entire surface.
- The upper left corner with a small superficial loss.
- A number of small losses throughout.
- No restoration appears to have been executed.