We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Dia.: 44,5 cm
- With a reglued break across, from ca. 2 to ca. 8 o'clock.
- A negligible ca. 3 cm hairline from the rim at ca. 5 o'clock.
- Typical small superficial chips, spots of minor glaze loss and superficial wear throughout.
- The glaze very well preserved.
- An old drilled hole on the back.
While the original pierced holes for suspension may indicate the vertical position, we wonder whether the dish was not painted from a horizontal perspective.
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London, Accession Number 28-1907, for a closely related example previously in the Henry Wallis Collection. (link)
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London, Accession Number 28-1907, for a closely related example from the Salting Bequest. (link)