We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Dia.: 17 cm
- A visible tear just below the rim at ca. 6.30 o'clock.
- A small hole in the rim at ca. 2.30 o'clock.
- A number of (probably) pewter or tin reinforcements and fill-ups throughout.
- Small scattered nicks and superficial bruises throughout.
- Very slightly deformed but still presenting very well.
Provenance: A Belgian private collection.
- Compare to a Sassanian silk twill textile, dated 6th–7th century, used in the reliquary of Saint Léon, Paris. (link)