We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
H.: 27,5 cm
- With a faint ca. 5 cm vertical glaze line on the exterior, not showing on the interior.
- A small number of losses to the overglaze blue enamels throughout.
- A few small superficial nibbles to the glaze around the foot.
- Otherwise in very good condition.
The design on this attractive vase is based on a classic Chinese novel, 'Feng shen bang' (Investiture of the Gods), in which King Wen of the Zhou found Jiang Ziya fishing in the Pan River and hired him as a military counselor.
- The Palace Museum, Taipei, has a painting depicting a related scene. (link)
- Sotheby's, New York, The Jie Rui Tang Collection, March 20, 2018, lot 322, for an exceptional rouleau vase with another scene from the same story. (link)
- Jiang Ziya (Wikipedia)
- King Wen of Zhou (Wikipedia)