We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
H.: 46 cm
The impressed seal mark 'Boji Yuren' can be read as 'virtue extends to all, including fishermen', four figures bearing the Boji Yuren seal mark, illustrated by J.Ayers in Blanc de Chine: Divine Images in Porcelain, pp.117-120, pls.68-71.
The mark Boji yuren ('Virtue extends to all fishermen') is found almost exclusively on figures, and was frequently used by the late Qing/early Republic artist Su Xuejin (1869-1919).
- Presenting very well, an impressive figure.
- The hand holding the cup completely restored.
- The tip of the baton broken off.
- A very small tip broken off of one of the leaves on the base.
- A very small superficial chip to one of the curly waves on the base.
- Minor superficial baking flaws.
Provenance: A Belgian private collection.